Akron Fire Company
The Akron Fire Company, formed in 1923 from three existing companies. Their proud heritage dates back to the formation of the Village of Akron, in 1849. One of the first duties of the first Village Trustees was to make arrangements for supplying fire protection to the newly-formed Village. They organized an election for two positions called "Fire Wardens". It was the duty of the Wardens to make sure that all residents obeyed laws regarding fire safety.
Amherst Central Fire Alarm Office
The Amherst Central Fire Alarm Office is the central agency assigned to dispatch the fire, rescue and emergency medical first responder units for 16 volunteer fire departments covering over 150 square miles of territory over the northern portion of Erie County in the Towns of Amherst, Clarence, Newstead and the Villages of Williamsville and Akron.
Amherst Chiefs Association
Early in the 1950?s, an era when large barn fires seemed to be a high priority with many members of the community, a group of men set out to solve the problems caused by the loss of life and property to area residents. Leaders of Amherst?s 10 volunteer fire companies began meeting to discuss fire safety practices and prevention methods with hopes of reducing loss and preserving the area?s assets. With this in mind the Amherst Fire Chiefs Association was established.
Amherst Fire Council
This organization is a representation of all 10 Town of Amherst, NY Vol. Fire Companies, Departments and Exempt Vol. Firefighter's Associations.
Clarence Center Volunteer Fire Company
The Clarence Center Improvement Company was formed in 1901 to study and discuss better fire protection. Seven years later in 1908, the first fire company in the town of Clarence was formed.
Clarence Fire Company, Inc.
The first Clarence Fire Company was organized in March 1916 and was comprised of twenty-five members. On March 27, 1920, a petition was presented to the Clarence Town Board proposing formation of a fire corporation to be known as the Clarence Fire Company. It was two years later (1922) that a fire district supported by taxes was formed. This was the first fire district to be set up in the Town of Clarence.
East Amherst Fire Company
The East Amherst Fire Department of East Amherst, New York was organized 1n 1919 by a group of local residents, who, sharing a mutual concern for fire protection, purchased an American LaFrance No. 11 chemical fire engine two-wheeled pull-cart with money from their own pockets. This group was led by Philip P. Paultler and the Muegel Brothers, George, Christian, and Louis. The first meeting of record of the East Amherst Fire Company was held on March 6th, 1920. The fire company was officially incorporated in 1927.
Eggertsville Hose Company
The Eggertsville Hose Company is a proud 100% volunteer fire department serving the Western New York community of Eggertsville in Amherst just outside of Buffalo for over 100 years. We have been answering the "CALL" since our original formation in 1906 and later incorporation in 1908.
Ellicott Creek Fire Co.
The Ellicott Creek Volunteer Fire Co. had its beginnings in the latter part of 1943 and early 1944, when members of the community decided there was a need for a fire department to provide service for the northwest portion of the Town of Amherst.
Erie County Fire Safety Division
The Fire Safety Division operates from the Emergency Services Training & Operations Center in Cheektowaga, NY. The facility is in operation an average of 14 hours a day - 6 days a week and hosted over 1,200 training events last year. The Fire Safety Division serves as a resource center for the County's 97 fire departments, operating the Cheektowaga facility and two other field training centers in Amherst and Orchard Park where some 4,000 fire fighters train annually.
Erie County Fire Wire
The Erie County Fire Wire is intended for those individuals who are firefighters or EMS providers, both paid and volunteer, and those interested in the Emergency Services field. This is a non-profit web site that is meant to function as a training and resource guide for everyone.
Firemens Association of the State of New York
It was a pleasant afternoon in August of 1872 as the parade moved along the main street of Auburn, N.Y. A state convention of a benevolent organization had just concluded one of its annual meetings and the members were passing review of the town folk. A group of local volunteer firemen stood on the curb watching, when one of them, whose name history does not record, spoke up, asking: ?Why not have a firemen?s convention?? Word was passed around in the various fire companies that they were to meet soon to consider organizing the details for a permanent Firemen?s Association.
Getzville Fire Co.
Farmers like George Wolf realized by the fall of 1917 that something had to be done about the need for organized fire protection in Getzville. That's because Wolf's barn burned at Millersport Highway and Skinnersville Road burned to the ground one day and his loss was the catalyst which united neighborhood leaders to form the Getzville Fire Company 90 years ago.
Harris Hill Fire Company
Founded in 1937, Harris Hill VFC was established to protect life and property of the Clarence residents in the south west area of the town known as Harris Hill. More than seven decades later our mission remains the same. Whenever we are called out, no matter what time or day, no matter what elements cross our paths, rest assured the Harris Hill Volunteer Fire Company will always be there to protect and serve.
Hutchinson Hose Co. / Williamsville Fire Dept.
Hutchinson Hose Co. / Williamsville Fire Dept proudly protects 11,000 people. We operate out of 2 stations that protect a primarily residential area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a volunteer status. We have an ISO rating of 3.
Main Transit Fire Dept.
The Main-Transit Fire Department has been serving the town of Amherst, New York in Emergency Medical, Fire and Motor Vehicle Rescue Services. The Main-Transit Fire Department is a 100% volunteer organization that serves a district of approximately 5.2 square miles. We also work with many other neighboring departments when a F.A.S.T Team or Mutual Aid is needed.
Newstead Fire Company
In late 1946, Mr. William Pearles began a search of residents to establish fire protection in the town of Newstead. On October 28, 1947, it was decided that the fire company officially be formed because the village fire department?s ?two mile radius? rule left a portion of the town unprotected. The first officers of the Newstead Fire Company were nominated and elected. They were as follows: President: Walter Fleming; VP: Matthew Capan; Secretary: Tom Sinsel and Treasurer: August Drachenberg. Five Directors were also elected and were as follows: Samuel Freeman, Earle Morse, George Frampton, William Pearles and Louis Caple. On November 4, 1947, the body accepted the Certificate of Incorporation.
Niagara County Fire Wire
The Niagara County Fire Wire is intended for those individuals who are firefighters or EMS providers, both paid and volunteer, and those interested in the Emergency Services field. This is a non-profit web site that is meant to function as a training and resource guide for everyone
North Amherst Fire Co.
The North Amherst Fire Company is dedicated to the prevention and extinguishing of fires, the protection of life and property within its jurisdiction and will act upon the same when called, outside its jurisdiction. The company will also promote the moral and social welfare of its members and the community.
North Bailey Fire Co.
The North Bailey Fire Company consists of a 2.2 square mile district that includes some of the Town of Amherst?s busiest intersections.
The district itself runs north of Maple Road between Niagara Falls Boulevard and Sweet Home Road up to New York State Thruway Route 290 where it meets Route 990.
The district mostly contains shopping plazas, restaurants, stores, and other businesses. However, the North Bailey Fire Company also protects residents on Chestnut Ridge Rd, Meyer Rd, Keph Dr, and Rensch Rd.
Rapids Fire Company
In the early spring of 1935 near the community of Rapids, New York there was a fire. In April of that same year a meeting of community men was held, and all agreed that a fire company was needed. So was born the Rapids Volunteer Fire Company, incorporated in1935.
Snyder Fire Dept.
The Snyder Fire Department provides fire, rescue and emergency medical service to approximately 20,000 residents in a six square mile area in the Town of Amherst, New York.
The department is one of ten all volunteer departments protecting Amherst, a first ring suburb of the City of Buffalo.
The department responds to approximately 1200 emergency calls each year and is staffed by over 70 volunteer firefighters. Operations are carried out from one central station that houses all the apparatus and administrative offices.
Swormville Fire Company
The Swormville Fire Company was established on January 25, 1918. This 100% Volunteer company has been proudly serving Amherst and Clarence since then. We are located on 6971 Transit Road in East Amherst NY 14051.
Town of Amherst
In 1798 the Holland Land Company acquired most of the land in Western New York.
Benjamin Ellicott and John Thompson, agents for the Holland Land Company,
purchased all of what would become Amherst for $2.00 per acre. In 1801, Joseph
Ellicott, who worked for this company, was sent to survey the land so an accurate
map could be used to sell the land to settlers.
Town of Clarence
Since its establishment, Clarence has progressed from an isolated, heavily forested wilderness inhabited by a few sturdy pioneers to a thriving suburban town. Named from the English House, of Clarence the Town was established as the first township in Erie County on March 11, 1808. It contains more than 52 square miles and, while it has not incorporated villages, it is comprised of communities of Clarence, Harris Hill, Clarence Center, and Wolcottsburg as well as parts of the hamlets of Swormville, East Amherst and Millersport.
At one time the Town was inhabited by Native Americans and was called ?Ta-Num-No-Ga-O? place full of hickory bark. Subsequent names changes occurred including Ransomville, Pine Grove, Ransom's Grove and Clarence Hollow, before it became known as Clarence.
U.S. Fire Administration
As an entity of the Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency, the mission of the USFA is to provide national leadership to foster a solid foundation for our fire and emergency services stakeholders in prevention, preparedness, and response.